Friday, July 11, 2008

Here Comes the Sun Do Do Do Doo!

And I say, It's alright! Well, we're back from vacation and I'm back on the blog. Not that a whole lot of people have noticed, but I haven't blogged since November. I have reason for that which has mostly to do with the remodel and which I will explain in the next blog (with pictures!) It seems I've been a little overwhelmed with all the projects and the finances that the little things start to slip. It probably also has a little to do with a new Guitar Hero addiction seeing as how I needed a reward for all my hard work. I guess I really needed a break from the daily grind. But you don't care about that so I'll get right to it, then.

So I've been at Costco now for a whole year so I finally got my vacation time paid out. My anniversary date was July 3rd so I was all set for our annual summer vacation. This year we stayed at my mom's house in Ocean Park which is just a little north of Long Beach on the Washington peninsula. I won't bore you further with the details of our trip since most beach vacations end the same way - sand all over your car. The girls are always thrilled to go play in the ocean and here are a couple pictures to show just how brave they are. Paige is a little timid about the water but she loves the sand. Savannah, however, is fearless with the ocean. If she could swim yet, she would be out among the waves. I was a little chicken because the water was too cold, yet both girls were out jumping and sitting in the water. Of course we had a great time having fun and taking time to relax but Savannah's favorite part of the whole trip was coming home. Ahhhh...

Which means back to the honeydo list for me!

No comments: